Mailjet Data Processing Agreement: What You Need to Know
If you`re using Mailjet as your email marketing platform, you`ll need to be familiar with their Data Processing Agreement (DPA). It`s a legal document that outlines how Mailjet processes, stores, and protects personal data of individuals in compliance with data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Here`s what you need to know about the Mailjet DPA:
1. Who needs to sign the DPA?
If you`re a Mailjet customer processing personal data of individuals who are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), you`ll need to sign the DPA. It`s a legal requirement under the GDPR, which applies to any organization that processes personal data of EU citizens.
2. What personal data does the DPA cover?
The DPA covers personal data of individuals that is provided to Mailjet for the purpose of sending emails. This includes names, email addresses, contact details, and any other information that is necessary for sending and tracking emails.
3. What are Mailjet`s obligations under the DPA?
Mailjet has several obligations under the DPA, including:
– Processing personal data only for the purposes specified by the customer
– Implementing appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of personal data
– Providing customers with information about their data processing activities, including data breaches
– Cooperating with customers and data protection authorities in case of data breaches or other incidents
4. What are the customer`s obligations under the DPA?
Customers also have several obligations under the DPA, including:
– Providing Mailjet with accurate and complete personal data
– Ensuring that personal data is processed in accordance with data protection laws
– Cooperating with Mailjet in case of data breaches or other incidents
5. How does Mailjet ensure the security of personal data?
Mailjet takes several measures to ensure the security of personal data, including:
– Encrypting personal data during transmission and storage
– Implementing access controls to ensure that only authorized personnel can access personal data
– Regularly reviewing and updating their security measures to ensure they`re effective
6. How can you sign the DPA?
To sign the DPA, simply log in to your Mailjet account and go to the «Data Processing Agreement» tab in the «My Account» section. You`ll need to provide some information about your organization and agree to the terms of the DPA.
In conclusion, the Mailjet Data Processing Agreement is an important legal document that outlines how Mailjet processes, stores, and protects personal data of individuals in compliance with data protection laws. If you`re a Mailjet customer processing personal data of individuals in the EEA, it`s essential that you sign the DPA and comply with its obligations to avoid potential legal and financial consequences.